[Air-L] Additional Information - Early Career Scholars Workshop, AoIR 2016

Andrea Guzman alguzman at niu.edu
Wed Jul 27 07:09:20 PDT 2016

We are excited by the interest people have expressed in the Early Career Scholars Workshop that will be part of AoIR 2016 as a preconference. Please remember to register for the workshop when you register to attend the conference.

The workshop aims to provide junior faculty and researchers with the opportunity to network with peers and senior scholars and to address matters pertinent to them. We are excited about our senior scholars who will be participating: Jenny Stromer-Galley, Syracuse University; Charles Ess, University of Oslo; Alex Halavais, Arizona State University; Karine Nahon, College of Herzliya/University of Washington; André Brock, University of Michigan; Anja Bechmann, Aarhus University; Andra Siibak, University of Tartu, Estonia; Michael Petit, University of Toronto - Scarborough.

The workshop is geared toward people who have already completed their terminal degree. With that said, we know that in some academic systems, advanced PhD candidates and other terminal degree seekers may begin their careers in education, research, government, etc, before finishing their degree, and we also welcome them. This workshop, however, is not an alternative to the AoIR Doctoral Colloquium that already does an excellent job of helping students work through their research and of preparing them for the initial job market.

More information regarding the workshop: http://aoir.org/aoir2016/preconference-workshops/

Once you register, please e-mail 1- 3 questions you would like to see addressed in the workshop to Andrea L. Guzman, alguzman at niu.edu, AND Jeff Hemsley, jjhemsle at syr.edu.

See you all in Berlin!

- Early Career Workshop Organizers