[Air-L] Twitter Data Office Hours for #AoIR2016 Berlin

Lonny J Avi Brooks dr.brooks at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 15:09:08 PDT 2016

Sounds like a great opportunity to meet with these teams to gain a broader
understanding of how Twitter works in general (i.e., how they do their job)
and for accessing/using data for research purposes. Any chance to talk to
industry teams enhances the dialogue. I'm in!

Thanks for sharing and providing this opportunity,

Lon Avi

On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 5:38 PM, Michelle, AoIR Association Coordinator <
ac at aoir.org> wrote:

> We are happy to announce that members of the Twitter Data Products and
> Trust & Safety teams will participate at AoIR 2016 and hold multiple office
> hours for AoIR members.
>

> Many members of the AoIR community work with Twitter data in a variety of
> scenarios, from fandom to political communication. The Twitter Data Office
> Hours will be an opportunity for scholars to directly discuss research
> possibilities with Twitter, in order to identify opportunities to more
> effectively use Twitter data for research purposes. Twitter is also eager
> to get feedback from researchers working in this space about how to improve
> academic access to Twitter data.
>

> The Twitter Data Office Hours will be held on site during the course of the
> conference. Starting today, you can contact twitterchat at aoir.org to book a
> half-hour slot. We suggest that you either prepare a brief proposal (~1
> page) that outlines your project, or a set of questions that you would like
> to discuss.
>

> Please keep in mind that the aim of the office hours is to facilitate
> concrete research projects by making it easier for scholars already working
> in this space to get access to Twitter data and share their feedback about
> Twitter’s APIs and Data Products. Please understand that the Twitter Data
> Office Hours are not intended as a technical introduction to digital
> research methods.
>

> Hope to meet you all in Berlin,
>

> Michelle

Avi

Kol Tov L'Hitraot (Be well, see you soon)

Lonny J Avi Brooks, PhD.
Summer Chair 2016, Department of Communication
Associate Professor in Strategic Communication

Lead Faculty for the *Long Term and Futures Thinking Project, the Long U*:
www.longtermandfuturesthinking.org

Department of Communication
California State University East Bay