[Air-L] PokemonGo syllabus on Google docs

Andreas Rauh Ortega [RPG] csaro at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Jul 15 11:58:58 PDT 2016

Thank you Adrienne, this is really useful.

I was actually surprised that Ingress, Niantic’s previous game, had not attracted much attention from academic scholars, but I’m sure Pokemon GO has changed that and geo-location gaming will become a hot topic. Such is the power of pop.

|.....  Andreas Rauh Ortega
.|....  PhD candidate & Teaching Assistant
..|...  School of Media and Communication, University of Leeds
...|..  www.media.leeds.ac.uk/people/andreas-ortega
....|.  +44 7462 938716
.....|  soundcloud.com/djrauh/

On 15/07/2016, 14:26, "Air-L on behalf of Adrienne Massanari" <air-l-bounces at listserv.aoir.org on behalf of amass at uic.edu> wrote:

Hello All,

I’ve started a Pokemon Go syllabus on Google docs (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xYuozfkON-RVZQkr7d1qLPJrCRqN8TkzeDySM-3pzeA/edit?usp=sharing <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xYuozfkON-RVZQkr7d1qLPJrCRqN8TkzeDySM-3pzeA/edit?usp=sharing>). Please add links to articles, critique, commentary, etc. as you see fit. I hope this can be a useful resource for us who might be thinking about teaching/discussing the game in our classes, or are just looking for some context around the game when discussing it with students or colleagues.

Feel free to share widely. And, be sure to add your name in the “contributors” section if you do add/edit the doc.

Thanks,
Adrienne

---
Adrienne Massanari, PhD