[Air-L] Call for Chapters: Digital Affordances: Techno-Social and Critical Concerns

Angela M. Cirucci angela.cirucci at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 17:18:08 PDT 2016

Dear Colleagues,

Sam Srauy and I are excited to announce our edited book project, "Digital
Affordances: Techno-Social and Critical Concerns." Please see below for the
full call.

Best,

Angela

*Call for Chapters*

"Digital Affordances: Techno-Social and Critical Concerns"

In the wake of numerous articles attempting to comprehend digital spaces
and their impact on social and cultural norms, the idea of “affordances”
has garnered much attention. But where do we go now? This edited book aims
to move beyond the observation of digital affordances’ existence to
investigate the many ways in which affordances have implications for the
creation, use, and impact of digital spaces.

Chapter topics may include, but are not limited to:

Digital affordances and...

--social network sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Tumblr,
etc.)

--Youtube

--dating spaces (Match.com, Tinder, etc.)

--personalized music services (Spotify, Pandora, etc.)

--programming languages (critical code studies)

--hardware

--video games

--mobile apps

--rating apps (Yelp, etc.)

--travel apps (Airbnb, Homeaway, Tripadvisor, etc.)

--wearables (Apple watch, Oculus Rift, Fitbit, etc.)

--sharing/gig economy apps (Uber, Lyft, etc.)

--Google/Apple/Microsoft/web-based software platforms

Implications for...

--race/ethnicity

--gender

--class

--sexuality

--age

--religion

--identification

--power

Please send 500 word chapter abstracts and 100 word author bios to
cirucci at kutztown.edu and srauy at oakland.edu by September 1, 2016.

--
Angela M. Cirucci, PhD

Assistant Professor