[Air-L] Music Trends

Arturo Arriagada arriagada.arturo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 10:50:57 PDT 2016

Hi Tatiana,
You an check this book: Music in the Digital Age.
There are a couple of chapters about curation
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Production-Consumption-Digital-Routledge-Geography/dp/1138851655

Also, you can check my profile in Academia (www.uai.academia.edu/arturoarriagada) and read my thesis chapters (I did my PhD about music fans as cultural mediators and tier uses of digital technologies).
All the best,
A.

Arturo Arriagada
Profesor Asistente | Escuela de Periodismo
Mail: arturo.arriagada at uai.cl
[+56 2] 23311819
Papers: www.uai.academia.edu/arturoarriagada
Actual proyecto:compartoluegoexisto.tumblr.com

Enviado desde las calles de Santiago.

> El 02-06-2016, a las 13:41, Tati Tosi <tati at pluggedresearch.com> escribió:
>
> Dear All,
>
> Just to clarify the research has focus on curating music streaming and
> behavior shifts in pop culture and millenial generation.
>
> Thanks a lot,
>

> Tatiana Tosi
> (11) 99965-0082
> http://about.me/tatiana_tosi

>> Hi Tatiana,
>>
>> Are you able to provide a bit of clarification regarding the specific
>> focus of your interest? That would make it easier to recommend relevant
>> research.
>>
>> Having said that, Tim Anderson's book on Popular Music and the Digital
>> could be useful, as could Jeremy Morris' and Devon Powers' recent work on
>> music streaming and curation. Eric Harvey's stellar Pitchfork feature on
>> the streaming services could also be a useful starting point:
>> http://pitchfork.com/features/cover-story/reader/streaming/
>>
>> These are just a few ideas off the top of my head. I'll write again if
>> anything else occurs to me.
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> Christopher Cwynar
>>
>> PhD Candidate, Media and Cultural Studies
>>
>> Department of Communication Arts
>>
>> University of Wisconsin-Madison
>>
>> 608.250.0155
>>
>> ccwynar at wisc.edu
>>
>> https://commarts.wisc.edu/people/ccwynar
>> https://wisc.academia.edu/ChristopherCwynar
>>
>>> On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 11:21 AM, Buunk, Iris <I.Buunk at napier.ac.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> Something like http://pitchfork.com maybe?
>>>
>>> Iris
>>>
>>> Iris Buunk
>>> PhD Student — Centre for Social Informatics – Room C35
>>> School of Computing - Institute for Informatics and Digital Innovation
>>> Edinburgh Napier University
>>> 10 Colinton Road - Edinburgh, EH10 5DT
>>> T. ++44 131 455 2787