[Air-L] CPDP2017 Call for Panels

Imge Ozcan Imge.Ozcan at vub.ac.be
Fri Jun 3 07:53:13 PDT 2016

Dear all,

We are very pleased to announce that the international Computers, Privacy & Data Protection conference is returning with the 10th edition and seeking for cutting edge panel proposals. The 10th anniversary edition of  <http://www.cpdpconferences.org/> CPDP will take place in Brussels between 25-27 January 2017. This call for panels is aimed at academic consortia, research projects, think tanks and other research organisations. (Another call, to individuals for academic research papers, will go out in May 2016)

We welcome panels in all areas related to technology, privacy and data protection. This year's main theme is Artificial Intelligence so we especially welcome panel proposals that fit this theme. We encourage panels that are well-balanced, multidisciplinary and geographically and gender diverse. More information about rules for panel composition and submission can be found  <http://2dsf1.r.a.d.sendibm1.com/k74nc6lav5o7d.html> here.

Please note: chosen institutions, organisations or EU research projects will become CPDP 2017 event partners. This implies that the event partner is able to finance all costs of the panel speakers (transport and lodging) in addition to paying a conference contribution of €1200. In return, the event partner's logo will be visibly displayed on the CPDP website and programme brochure. The partner will also have the option of putting a flyer or advertisement in the conference bag. All panelists will get free registration for the three conference days

Panel proposals should be submitted through the online form at: http://www.cpdpconferences.org/callforpanels.html Please fill in the form as completely as possible.

Key Dates

Final panel submission/suggestion: June 15th, 2016

Notification sent to panel proposers: before July 8th 2016

Panel organisation finalised: October 15th 2016

Dates of CPDP 2017: 25th to 27th January, 2017

Contact

If you have an innovative idea for the set up of a panel or workshop or have any questions regarding potential panel topics, please contact: Dara Hallinan at  <mailto:Dara.Hallinan at isi.fraunhofer.de> Dara.Hallinan at isi.fraunhofer.de or Imge Ozcan at  <mailto:Imge.Ozcan at vub.ac.be> Imge.Ozcan at vub.ac.be.

We look forward to receiving your submissions!

Best regards,

The CPDP 2017 Programme Committee