[Air-L] [JVWR] Call for JVWR Reviewers
tzafnat.shpak at jvwresearch.org
Thu Jun 23 02:11:13 PDT 2016
Call for Reviewers
View this email in your browser
Call for Reviewers
June 22, 2016
The *Journal of Virtual Worlds Research* (JVWR) is an online,
international, open access academic journal that adheres to the highest
standards. Manuscripts submitted to the JVWR will generally be reviewed by
3-5 reviewers in the field. We aim to provide a fast and thorough review,
and the reviewers′ assistance in this process is much appreciated.
The benefits of being a *JVWR *reviewer:
1. A step for becoming a future author.
2. A critical step for becoming an issue editor.
3. Enjoy our *Double-Open review policy* – it’s a good opportunity to
meet colleagues and fellow authors. See details
4. *Help *the Editorial Team select high quality academic papers for
publication thus ensuring continuation of JVWR excellent reputation in the
5. Reviewer's *rating *enables editors select the best, quick, accurate
and knowledgeable reviewers. No one else sees this rating.
6. Get on our *Recognized Reviewers* list. See the list
7. Receive JVWR special *appreciation *certificate.
Due to the volume of submissions to the journal, *JVWR *is looking for
*to help the editorial team select the best academic papers for
publication. We are seeking scholars interested in serving our volunteer
As a reviewer you will be asked by the issue editors to review papers
constructive feedback* about the merits of submissions in terms of quality
and contribution to the field. JVWR expects to receive reviews in a timely,
collegial manner, with a high level of expertise, objectivity and
insightful evaluation of the manuscripts. Note our Double-Open policy.
To learn more about the journal see About JVWR > Overview
To be considered as a reviewer you will need to become a JVWR reader:
- First, please make sure you *subscribe to the journal*, if you are not
already a subscriber. See top left of JVWR homepage
- Then *register* to open a reader/author account in our publishing
system (TDL). Make sure you check the "Reader" checkbox. It is recommended
to also check the "Author" checkbox if you intend to submit a paper even if
at a later stage.
- *Login* to our publishing system (top right menu of JVWR homepage
The "*HowTo*" document is available here
- *Fill in your profile* with as many details as you can to entice
editors to pick you up as a reviewer for their issue.
- *Email* the Coordinating Editor (tzafnat.shpak AT jvwresearch DOT org)
a cover letter including your professional resume, academic editing
experience, as well as your interest in the Virtual Worlds domain.
- Upon the Managing Editor's decision, *you will be notified of
receiving reviewer's rights*.
- Login to the system and *complete your profile with “Reviewing
Interests”* to ensure that papers in your line of expertise reach you.
(Mind you: we do deal with virtual worlds so this is a self-evident
'interest'. At the top of that section please write "". Reviewers
without an updated 'Reviewing Interests' will be unrolled from the system.
Editors will be able now to contact you directly, based on your interests
Looking forward to hearing from you,
*Prof. Yesha Sivan*
Editor in Chief
The Journal of Virtual Worlds Research
*Copyright © 2016 Journal of Virtual Worlds Research, All rights reserved.*
More information about the Air-L