[Air-L] Three New Books on Games and Learning - Knowledge Games

Karen Schrier Shaenfield kschrier at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 08:44:15 PDT 2016

Hi all,
I am excited to announce three new books on games and learning.

First, check out two books I edited, which were written by members of the
Learning, Education, and Games SIG of the IGDA <https://www.igda.org/>:
Learning, Education & Games Volume 1
to download) - ETC Press (2014)
Learning, Education & Games Volume 2
to download) - ETC Press (2016)

Next, check out Knowledge Games
<https://jhupbooks.press.jhu.edu/content/knowledge-games> (Johns Hopkins
University Press, 2016), my new book about using games to create new
knowledge and solve problems, which was named one of the top 2016 summer
tech/science books

You can buy Knowledge Games directly from the publisher
<https://jhupbooks.press.jhu.edu/content/knowledge-games> (use discount
code HNAF for 30% off). You can also buy it on Amazon

For more about the book, read a review of Knowledge Games in The New

I also lead the Learning, Education & Games (LEG) group of the IGDA
<https://www.igda.org/>, which aims to foster an open and accessible
community that can share resources and expertise, and collaborate to
further the field of games and learning.

Feel free to join our google group:

Join our meetings on Slack:
on the monthlymeetings channel  (#monthlymeetings)

For an invitation to the Slack group, you can invite yourself here:

Dr. Karen Schrier Shaenfield

karen.schrier at marist.edu
kschrier at gmail.com
kls2108 at columbia.edu