[Air-L] EVENTS THIS WEEK: Cannataci on privacy, TheThingsNYC, nanog67, fragmentation, nynog tv, ipnsig virtual meeting

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Tue Jun 14 03:30:21 PDT 2016

I felt a tad guilty last week that I got so wrapped up in the excellent Hong
Kong <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8535> and Curacao <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8539>
events that I never sent out notices on Eurodig
<http://www.eurodig.org/eurodig-2016/>, which was packed with ISOC speakers
<http://www.internetsociety.org/events/eurodig-2016>, and the Decentralised
Web Summit <http://www.decentralizedweb.net/> which had folks like Vint and
Tim. I expected that everyone knew already, and also I could later link to
the nicely segmented archived webcasts. Delay Tolerant Networking one might
call it. Perhaps I was over optimistic. Because as far as Eurodig goes, the
only video currently available is the Council of Europe's Director General
briefly bemoaning bad stuff on the web
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUNXpvB1Irs>, and as for the other, just
one huge decentralized 8 hour block <https://youtu.be/Yth7O6yeZRE>.  At
least you can go straight to Vint <https://youtu.be/Yth7O6yeZRE?t=1369> .

The Internet really has been taking it from all sides it seems these last
few days, Vint had to defend it's capitalization
<http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/06/03/capitalize_internet_or_not/>,
while Ken Burns, speaking at Stanford, blamed "an amoral Internet"
<https://youtu.be/ze5DZn_F310?t=265> for Donald Trump! At least he
capitalized it..

So this week I hope to get ahead of the game with a full a la carte menu.
Plenty to pick and choose, and if you fancy some F2F, tonight's Things
Network Meetup is the place to be. Very much looking forward to Dave
Farber's take on Fragmentation on Weds, and don't worry that will be
recorded.  As will, and I think I can take some credit for this, the ISOC
BoT Public Forums at the weekend. Oh and, speaking of Delay Tolerant
Networking..  don't miss Vint and co. on Thursday.

joly posted: "Plenty of events online and off this week, depending on where
you are. All times are NYC/EDT = UTC-4 Tuesday 14 June 10:30am-6:30pm NANOG
67 in Chicago, Day 2 Not everything will be webcast, but plenty will
http://nanog.org/meetings/nanog67/agenda 11am-"

Plenty of events online and off this week, depending on where you are. All
times are NYC/EDT = UTC-4

*Tuesday 14 June*
*10:30am-6:30pm* NANOG 67 in Chicago, Day 2
Not everything will be webcast, but plenty will
http://nanog.org/meetings/nanog67/agenda

*11am-Noon* UN Special Rapporteur on privacy - Prof. Joseph Cannataci
ISOC Members webinar on privacy http://bit.ly/isocprivacy

*5:30pm-8pm* The Things Network NYC Community meetup #3 (no webcast)
Burgeoning Open IoT Network's NYC team get together -
https://thethingsnetwork.org/c/newyork/

*Wednesday 15 June*
*8:30am-10am* Is the Internet Fragmenting? Part 2: The Technical Lens
ISOC-DC and Microsoft ongoing series about keeping it together, or not.
Opening keynote from Dave Farber
https://livestream.com/internetsociety/fragmentation2

*10:00am-6:00pm* NANOG 67 in Chicago, Day 3
Not everything will be webcast, but plenty will
http://nanog.org/meetings/nanog67/agenda

*2pm-3pm* ISOC-NY TV Show - NYC’s Current State of Network Infrastructure
The recent inaugural NYNOG meetup -
http://www.mnn.org/LIVE/2-LIFESTYLE-CHANNEL

*Thursday 16 June*
*4pm-5pm* IPN-ISOC Virtual Chapter Meeting - http://bit.ly/ipnisoc2016
Code: 923 494 316 Password: 7pQcvHDF
An opportunity to virtually meet with leading interplanetary networking
experts like Vint Cerf, Keith Scott, Scott Burleigh and Jay Wyatt.

*Friday 17 June*
A big Happy Birthday to ISOC Chapters Director Joyce Dogniez!​

*Saturday 18 June *

*10am-6pm* ISOC Board of Trustees Meeting #132 in Cancun – Day 1
http://www.internetsociety.org/board-meeting-agenda-no-132
Not all will be webcast (but Open Forum *5:30pm-6pm* will be and archived)

*Sunday 19 June *
*10am-5pm* ISOC Board of Trustees Meeting #132 in Cancun – Day 2
http://www.internetsociety.org/board-meeting-agenda-no-132

Not all will be webcast (but Open Forum *10:30am-11am* will be and archived)
​

Comment <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8547#respond>    See all comments
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8547#comments>

​​