[Air-L] "Threading(?)" of messages in Whatsapp

Rich Ling riseling at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 20:35:42 PST 2016

Dear all,

I am working on a piece where I want to talk about the problem of following
a discussion in, for example, a Whatsapp group on a smartphone. If there
are too many people contributing to the discussion and there are several
themes in play, the messages get jumbled.

First of all, is this called threading? I thought it was, but that term
does not turn up any relevant literature. Is there a better term?

Second, if anyone knows of work in this area, I would be happy to hear
about it.

Thanks

Rich L.