[Air-L] Join our Digital Living Masters Programme in Aarhus Denmark. Deadline Soon!

Annette Markham amarkham at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 22:57:22 PST 2016

****Final call****

****please pass along to interested students***

We have a few more seats in our fabulous (if i might say) International
Masters Program so if you're interested and you've been waiting until the
last possible moment to apply, here's your last chance! International
student deadline for applications: March 15, 2016

Digital Living: An interdisciplinary MS degree programme

Aarhus University, Faculty of Arts, Department of Communication & Culture

Application deadline: March 15 (April 1 for Danish residents)

Notification of Acceptance: early May 2016

Start Date:  1 September 2016

This MS focuses on how digital technologies are used in everyday life and
offers students the opportunity to consider how we might design better
futures by exploring the intersection of networked sociality,
organizational practices, and IT design.

Discuss cutting edge knowledge about the social impact of digital
technologies with internationally established professors. Learn from
computer scientists how digital forms of communication and interaction are
designed and programmed. Work with professors from information and media
studies to build a strong grounding in the political, social, and economic
structures of 21st Century organizations and institutions.

In addition to theoretically-grounded classroom discussions, students
design and build interfaces, engage in empirical studies of digital
contexts, and explore how new eBusiness models work. This well-rounded
Masters Programme provides solid grounding for analyzing contemporary
social media practices and developing sustainable and ethical digital
futures.

Digital Living is an interdisciplinary Masters Programme within Information
Studies at Aarhus University. Curriculum taught in English. If applying
from a Danish University, a BA in Arts or Social Sciences is required for
admission to the programme (exceptions may be granted). International
students with a BA or BS in any degree programme are encouraged to apply,
particularly if their background or specific interests align with this
Masters Programme.

Deadline is March 15 for international students or April 1 for Danish
residents.

Learn more at: http://kandidat.au.dk/en/information-studies/

For deadlines and important information and links here:

http://kandidat.au.dk/en/admission/application-deadlines-and-important-dates/

For specific questions about the application process, contact the Study
Center Arts in Aarhus: studiecenter.arts.aarhus at au.dk or call +45 87 16 10
87 Monday through Friday: 10:00 - 14:00

For specific questions about programme content, contact:

Associate Professor Claus Bossen imvcb [at] dac {dot} au {dot} dk

Professor Annette Markham amarkham [at] dac {dot} au {dot} dk

Annette N. Markham, Ph.D.
Professor MSO, School of Communication & Culture, Aarhus University
Affiliate Professor, School of Communication, Loyola University, Chicago
amarkham at gmail.com
http://markham.internetinquiry.org/
Twitter: annettemarkham