[Air-L] MSc in Data & Society at LSE - last few places open

Alison Powell a.powell at lse.ac.uk
Mon Mar 14 09:20:28 PDT 2016

Hi everyone -

Our Data & Society MSc programme is very AoIR-oriented, being critical
and ethics-oriented as well as policy-engaged. If you have good students
looking for a Master's, please send them our way!

We have a few remaining spaces on our MSc Media & Communications (Data &
Society) for next year
<http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/graduate/taughtProgrammes2015/MScMediaAndCommunicationsDataAndSociety.aspx>
Apply ASAP as admissions are rolling and the programme is nearly full.

This year-long programme provides a critical perspective on the move
towards data, and enables students to understand, evaluate and respond
to the social and political contexts of data production and analytics.
Students will also consider the cultural aspects, wider implications and
ethical issues raised by data’s growing role within everyday life. We
attract students from a diverse range of backgrounds, including those
with professional experience working in media and communications and
data-related fields. Students contribute to the LSE Data & Society
cross-disciplinary research and teaching area, while also participating
in a lively intellectual community with the Department of Media and
Communication, which includes the Media Policy Project and POLIS, the
department's journalism think-tank.

Key facts:
www.lse.ac.uk/study/graduate/taughtProgrammes2016/MScMediaAndCommunicationsDataAndSociety.aspx

Application codes: P3U4 (check
availability<http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/graduate/availableProgrammes.aspx>)
Start date: 22 September 2016
Programme director: Dr Alison Powell
http://www.lse.ac.uk/media@lse/WhosWho/AcademicStaff/AlisonPowell.aspx
Core faculty: Dr Jean-Christophe Plantin
http://www.lse.ac.uk/media@lse/WhosWho/AcademicStaff/JC-Plantin.aspx

--
Dr Alison Powell
Assistant Professor