[Air-L] New project: responsible Data reflection stories

Zara Rahman zara at cihr.eu
Tue Mar 15 04:13:19 PDT 2016

Hi all,

For those interested in data ethics, I wanted to share that a new
project from the engine room's Responsible Data
<https://responsibledata.io/>programme is now online. "Responsible Data
Reflection Stories" is a set of nine case studies on the challenges of
using data in advocacy. I had the chance to speak to a few of you about
potential case studies, so a huge thank you for your time and to those
of you who suggested tips or areas for further investigation, much
appreciated!

The stories cover topics from recognising uncertainty in statistics in
counting the dead in Syria (and the challenges of conveying this in
campaigns), to using data to improve access to medicine for HIV/AIDS
patients in Argentina, and collecting data on sexual violence in
conflict zones, to name just a couple.

The stories are available here on the Responsible Data site:
https://responsibledata.io/reflection-stories/

and here is a blog post explaining the project:
https://www.theengineroom.org/launching-the-responsible-data-reflection-stories/

Please feel free to share and/or encourage people to reuse and remix the
content (all CC-licensed), and any feedback/questions, just shout.

Thanks!

Zara

-------
ZARA RAHMAN