[Air-L] Information, Communication and Society featuring the best of AoIR in 2015 is available

Megan Finn megfinn at uw.edu
Tue Mar 29 15:30:47 PDT 2016

Dear AIR-L,

It is our pleasure to announce that a special issue of Information, Communication and society featuring articles from AoIR in 2015 (IR16) is now available online: http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rics20/19/6

The special issue includes the following pieces -- please check them out!

"The work that visualisation conventions do" by Helen Kennedy, Rosemary Lucy Hill, Giorgia Aiello & William Allen http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/1369118X.2016.1153126

"Impediment to insight to innovation: understanding data assemblages through the breakdown–repair process" by Anissa Tanweer, Brittany Fiore-Gartland & Cecilia Aragon http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/1369118X.2016.1153125

"Internet control points as LGBT rights mediation" by Laura DeNardis & Andrea M. Hackl http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/1369118X.2016.1153123

"(B)Locked sites: cases of Internet use in three British prisons" by Bianca C. Reisdorf & Yvonne Jewkes http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/1369118X.2016.1153124

"Bot-based collective blocklists in Twitter: the counterpublic moderation of harassment in a networked public space" by R. Stuart Geiger http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/1369118X.2016.1153700

"Introduction: Imagining the Internet" by Megan Finn & Ben Light - http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/1369118X.2016.1153126

We appreciate the excellent authors featured in this issue for meeting short deadlines. And a hearty thanks to the AoIR conference organizers and the community for another great conference!

Sincerely,
Megan Finn and Ben Light