[Air-L] NCA Game Studies Division 2016 Call for Submissions

Rosa Mikeal Martey rosa.martey at colostate.edu
Wed Mar 9 13:09:38 PST 2016

Greetings, AoIR folks:

Below is the call for submissions for the *NEW* National Communication
Association division for Games Studies.

------------------------------

National Communication Association <http://www.natcom.org/> - Game Studies
Division
Submission Deadline Dates: Mon, 1/18 2016 12:00 AM - Thu, 3/31 2016 3:00 AM
EDT

Submission info and link: http://www.natcom.org/convention/

The purpose of the Games Studies Division is to promote scholarship that
highlights communicative behavior in video games, simulators, virtual
environments, and massive online worlds.

Members are concerned with video game use and exposure effects, motivations
for playing, games as a social laboratory and serious games, and the
rhetorical, critical, and feminist dimensions of this widely popular but
still controversial technology.

The Game Studies Division encourages creative submissions that describe and
analyze innovative approaches to video game-related issues as well as ones
that foster opportunities for collaboration between attendees. We also seek
submissions that portray, research, or enhance the convention theme,
“Communication’s civic calling.”

The Game Studies Division will only accept Individual Papers for the time
being. Unfortunately we do not yet have enough sessions to accommodate
Paper Sessions and Panel Discussions.

All submissions must be made via NCA Convention Central. Emailed or mailed
submissions will not be accepted. For a definition of submission types,
please refer to the step-by-step “How to Submit” Instructions provided in
the Convention Library. http://www.natcom.org/conventionresources/

Individual Papers Requirements: Submissions must include a 30-page,
double-spaced, Times New Roman or Arial 12 point font, and with 1” margins
uploaded copy of the paper. The 30-page limit will be enforced and it
includes the title page along with references, tables, and figures. Copies
must be uploaded into NCA Convention Central and must not include
identifying information. Instructions on how to prepare an anonymous
submission are provided in the Convention Library. We will recognize the
Top Paper in our division. Submission should include title, paper
description, keywords, and AV requests. Submitters should indicate their
willingness to present in Scholar to Scholar on the appropriate form.

All submitters are encouraged to review the Professional Standards for
Convention Participants prior to submission. Helpful resources, including
live and recorded step-by-step instructions on how to submit, are available
in the Convention Library.

Questions? Contact Jorge Peña, Game Studies Division Planner (530)
754-0977, jpena at ucdavis.edu

--
Rosa Mikeal Martey
Associate Professor