[Air-L] Media, Technology & Culture Open Access Lectures

Joshua Braun jabraun at journ.umass.edu
Mon May 23 08:51:48 PDT 2016

Hi AoIR!

Courtesy of Culture Digitally, I've just open-accessed the audio
lectures for the first unit of my undergraduate "Media, Technology &
Culture" course at UMass. They're formatted as podcasts and take on the
obligatory question for most such courses, "How new are 'new media?'"
They feature guest appearances from some great historians and
sociologists and I hope some of you may find them useful as assigned
"readings" for your own classes.

http://culturedigitally.org/2016/05/media-technology-culture-open-source-audio-lectures/

If you listen and/or make use of them I hope you'll also take the time
to provide feedback, as a big motivation on my part for posting these is
to make them better and to involve more voices in the conversations that
happen in my own classroom.

Many Thanks,
Josh

--
Josh Braun, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Journalism Studies

@josh_braun
Skype: wideaperture
http://wideaperture.net/
new book: http://wideaperture.net/?view=book

"Maybe the only gift is a chance to inquire, to know nothing for certain.  An inheritance of wonder and nothing more."
William Least Heat-Moon