[Air-L] Visiting Fellowship, University of Canterbury NZ

Zita Joyce zita.joyce at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu May 19 20:38:26 PDT 2016

Dear all

We have a late opening in our visiting fellowship programme in Media and Communication at the University of Canterbury, New Zealand.

Unfortunately the timeframe clashes with the AIR conference, but if any of you are not travelling to Berlin and would like to spend some time in New Zealand, please consider applying.

Within the department we have been doing a lot of work on the use of Twitter after the Christchurch earthquakes of 2010 onwards, and we have a useful dataset that may be interesting to some of you.

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.

Zita

------

Media and Communication Visiting Fellowship,
University of Canterbury, New Zealand

Application Deadline: June 3 2016

The University of Canterbury invites applications for a Visiting Fellowship available for our Term 4: approximately mid September to mid October 2016.  The fellow is expected to offer a number of research seminars to staff/students and meet graduate research students to provide general advice and feedback. The ideal candidate will be a senior or mid-career scholar, possibly on sabbatical over this period.

The fellowship covers the cost of a return flight to New Zealand, accommodation and a per diem that should cover additional living costs for a four to five week period. The fellow is provided with an office in the department for conducting their own research, a computer and access to the university library. They are also free to travel during this period to see the many wonders of New Zealand.

The Media and Communication department at the University of Canterbury is a research-led department with strengths in a number of areas. The University of Canterbury is committed to promoting a world-class learning environment through research and teaching excellence, and has a vision statement of “People Prepared to Make a Difference.”  The fellow will have the opportunity to work alongside members of a diverse academic community and enrich their professional and personal development.

To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to Ms. Maria Hellstrom at maria.hellstrom at canterbury.ac.nz<mailto:maria.hellstrom at canterbury.ac.nz> by June 3rd 2016. A decision will be made regarding the fellow by June 10th 2016.

Dr Zita Joyce
Lecturer,
Media and Communication,
School of Language, Social and Political Sciences
University of Canterbury,
New Zealand