[Air-L] Instagram and body

Benj. N. Sugar bsugar at gatech.edu
Tue May 3 17:07:52 PDT 2016

Apologies if I'm not sending this correctly.  I get the digest, and so
I'm not sure how to reply such that it responds to the thread. In any event.

My professor (Munmun De Choudhury) and one of her PhD students (Stevie
Chancellor) do a fair amount of work in this area.  Three of the papers
below use Instagram, another Tumblr, and I can't recall the fifth at
this moment.

You can find the links here: http://www.munmund.net/publications.html

Unfortunately, Stevie's publication links are down but here's her info:
http://toppling-dominoes.com/

 1.

    Chancellor, S., Mitra, T., and De Choudhury, M. (2016). /Recovery
    Amid Pro-Anorexia: Analysis of Recovery in Social Media/. In
    Proceedings of the 33rd Annual ACM Conference on Human Factors in
    Computing Systems (San Jose, CA, May 7-12, 2016), to appear. CHI 2016.

 2.

    Chancellor, S., Lin, Z., and De Choudhury, M. (2016). /“This Post
    Will Just Get Removed”: Characterizing Deviant Pro-Eating Disorder
    Social Media Content/. In Proceedings of the 33rd Annual ACM
    Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (San Jose, CA, May
    7-12, 2016), to appear. CHI 2016.

 3.

    Chancellor, S., Pater, J., Clear, T., Gilbert, E., and De Choudhury,
    M*.* (2016). /#thyghgapp: Instagram Content Moderation and Lexical
    Variation in Pro-Eating Disorder Communities/. In Proceedings of the
    19th ACM Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work and
    Social Computing (San Francisco, CA, Feb 27–Mar 2, 2016). CSCW 2016.

 4.

    Chancellor, S., Lin, Z., Goodman, E., Zerwas, S., and De Choudhury,
    M. (2016). /Quantifying and Predicting Mental Illness Severity in
    Online Pro-Eating Disorder Communities/. In Proceedings of the 19th
    ACM Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work and Social
    Computing (San Francisco, CA, Feb 27–Mar 2, 2016). CSCW 2016.

 5.

    De Choudhury, M., Sharma, S., and Kiciman, E. (2016).
    /Characterizing Dietary Choices, Nutrition, and Language in Food
    Deserts via Social Media/. In Proceedings of the 19th ACM Conference