[Air-L] Database reading list

Amanda Licastro amanda.licastro at gmail.com
Wed May 25 06:53:47 PDT 2016

Hello Air Followers,

I am looking to compile a list of readings on the database. I am
specifically looking for information about how data is collected,
organized, and manipulated in the humanities and social sciences, and even
more specifically in terms of our teaching/assessment materials. Take, for
example:

Drucker, Johanna. “Database Narratives in Book and Online.” *Journal of
Electronic Publishing* 18.1 (2015): n. pag. Web.
http://quod.lib.umich.edu/j/jep/3336451.0018.113?view=text;rgn=main

Price, Kenneth M. “Edition, Project, Database, Archive, Thematic Research
Collection: What’s in a Name?” *Digital Humanities Quarterly* 3.3 (2009):
n. pag. Print.
http://digitalhumanities.org:8081/dhq/vol/3/3/000053/000053.html

I will create a public Zotero group of these materials and invite anyone on
the list who is interested once I collect your suggestions.

Thank you in advance,
Amanda

Amanda Licastro, PhD
Assistant Professor of Digital Rhetoric,
Stevenson University in Maryland
http://digitocentrism.commons.gc.cuny.edu/
@amandalicastro