[Air-L] LaTex for writing a PhD

Daniel Kunzelmann kunzelmann.daniel at yahoo.de
Mon May 2 11:47:33 PDT 2016

Dear all,

I was wondering if you had any suggestions for a LaTeX editor? I just
started with my dissertation (resp. its writing) and want to try LaTex
instead of fighting with Word formatting. Any experience would be
helpful especially with regards to "academic work" (citation, footnotes,
etc.), because there are a lot of editors out there...

I'd prefer an offline version that has a lively community (resp. whose
programmers still work on its improvements).
I'm currently working with Citavi (so it should best capable of dealing
with the literature list it produces).
Also using MaxQda (even though I don't think this will matter with
regards to LaTex).
And, once in a while, I want to export a chapter for my supervisors (not
only a PDF but maybe also a DOC or OpenOffice or something like this, so
that they can easily add comments).

Thanks a lot :)
Daniel