[Air-L] WEBCAST FRIDAY: Fordham CLIP Tenth Law & Information Society Symposium

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Thu May 12 11:01:17 PDT 2016

You may recall that ISOC-NY streamed this excellent event the last two
years running <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/tag/clip>. Fordham's in-house team are
now doing-for-self and we are keen to see how they match-up! Those previous
two addressed specific topics - IoT and Privacy - but in 2016 for their
10th the Symposium will attempt to synthesise a grander view of where we
are historically with respect to Law and Info Tech, and where we are going.
Should be fun! Note that this will be just about the first outing for Julie
Samuels as head of tech:nyc <http://www.technyc.org/>

joly posted: "On Friday 13 May 2016 the Center on Law and Information
Policy at Fordham Law School (Fordham CLIP) will host the Tenth Law &
Information Society Symposium at Fordham University in NYC. It was the
first of these symposiums in 2005 that originally laun"

[image: CLIP_Symposium_2016] <http://law.fordham.edu/clipatten>On *Friday
13 May 2016* the *Center on Law and Information Policy at Fordham Law
<http://law.fordham.edu/clip>* School (Fordham CLIP) will host the *Tenth
Law & Information Society Symposium <http://law.fordham.edu/clipatten>* at
Fordham University in NYC. It was the first of these symposiums in 2005
​t​
hat originally launched Fordham CLIP. This conference will revisit the
themes from 2005 to see how far we've come and where we might be going in
the next 10 years. Speakers include: *Daniel J. Weitzner* (MIT), *Kevin
Werbach* (Wharton), *Felix Wu* (Cardozo), *Jennifer L. Pariser*
(MPAA), *Catherine
Crump* (Berkeley), *Judge Jeremy Fogel*, *Julie Samuels* (Tech:NYC),
and *Andrea
Glorioso* (EU). The event will be webcast live by *Fordham's AV Team
<http://livestream.com/accounts/14230140/events/5322356>*.

*What: Tenth Law & Information Society Symposium
<http://law.fordham.edu/clipatten>*
* Where: Skadden Conference Center, Fordham University School of Law, NYC*
* When: May 13 2016 9:00am-6:00pm EDT | 13:00-22:00 UTC*
* Agenda: http://law.fordham.edu/clipatten
<http://law.fordham.edu/clipatten>*
* Webcast: http://livestream.com/accounts/14230140/events/5322356
<http://livestream.com/accounts/14230140/events/5322356>*