[Air-L] Instagram and body

Annette Markham amarkham at gmail.com
Tue May 3 00:22:28 PDT 2016

I recommend the work of Katrin Tiidenberg. She just did a TEDx talk on this issue. Video and transcript is posted in the MSR Social Media Collective blog.
She has other work also that would be directly useful but also will lead your student to many other important references/researchers in this area.
https://socialmediacollective.org/2016/05/02/were-all-selfish-superficial-and-too-fat-tedx-talk-by-katrin-tiidenberg/

Best, Annette Markham. Sent from Phone.

On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 11:25 PM -0700, "Evelina Liliequist" <evelina.liliequist at umu.se> wrote:

Hi!

I am asking on the behalf of a student if there is any articles on Instagram use and the posting of pictures that relate to body and norms, such as fitness and fat activism.

Thanks in advance,
Evelina Liliequist

Postgraduate student Ethnology, Digital humanities
Department of Culture and Media Studies, Umeå University

Umeå University
SE-901 87 Umeå
Sweden

Tel: +46 90 7866305