[Air-L] Database reading list

Jutta Haider jutta.haider at gmail.com
Thu May 26 00:36:46 PDT 2016

Hi Amanda!
Wonderful. I am really looking forward to this list. Thanks :-)

Here are two articles:
- Beaulieu, Anne (2004). From brainbank to database: the informational turn
in the study of the brain. *Studies in History and Philosophy of Science
Part C: Studies in History and Philosophy of Biological and Biomedical
Sciences* 35 (2):367-390.

- Hine, Christene. (2006). Databases as Scientific Instruments and Their
Role in the Ordering of Scientific Work. *Social Studies of Science*,
*36*(April),
269–298. http://doi.org/10.1177/0306312706054047

And possibly this:

Haider, J., & Kjellberg, S. (2016). Data in the making: Temporal aspects in
the construction of research data. In J. V. Rekers & K. Sandell (Eds.), *New
Big Science in focus: Perspectives on ESS and MAX IV* (pp. 143–163). Lund:
Lund Studies in Arts and Cultural Sciences.
https://lup.lub.lu.se/search/ws/files/3051583/8852248.pdf

Best regards,

Jutta