[Air-L] Ph.D. in Information Science at Indiana University-Bloomington

Hara, Noriko nhara at indiana.edu
Wed Nov 2 11:11:23 PDT 2016

Apply now for a Ph.D. in Information Science at Indiana University-Bloomington

As the Indiana University Ph.D. in Information Science celebrates over 50 years - and over 185 graduates - we are pleased to accept applications to our program for the upcoming year (2017). Our doctoral program is one of the longest continuously running Information Science programs in the United States. Our graduates have held positions including Deans of iSchools and libraries, distinguished professors, directors of doctoral programs, editors of journals, and presidents of national professional associations.

Our Doctor of Philosophy in Information Science is committed to training the next generation of information scientists. Doctoral students are advised by faculty who are engaged in cutting-edge research areas such as social informatics, computer mediated communication, digital curation, data science, digital humanities, information retrieval, data and text mining, and scholarly communication, among other concentrations.

Our students benefit from our active community of scholars that includes the following research centers: Catapult Center for Digital Humanities and Computational Analysis, Cyberinfrastructure for Network Science (CNS) Center, Rob Kling Center for Social Informatics (RKCSI), and the Center for Computer Mediated Communication Research (CCMC).

We are pleased to accept new applications through January 15, 2017. Please see the ILS page on Graduate Admissions for details on how to apply. Funding packages of up to $50,000 per year are available for top candidates.

Contact Dr. Noriko Hara, Ph.D. Program Director, with questions at nhara at indiana.edu.

    Noriko Hara, Ph.D.
    Associate Professor
    Director of Graduate Programs
    Department of Information & Library Science
    School of Informatics & Computing | Indiana University
    http://norikohara.org<http://norikohara.org/>