[Air-L] Funded PhD Opportunities & Online Info Session at the School of Information Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Diesner, Jana jdiesner at illinois.edu
Mon Nov 7 07:20:17 PST 2016

Hi all,
The School of Information Sciences, the iSchool at Illinois, is actively recruiting outstanding doctoral students who are interested in becoming partners in our world-renowned research and scholarship program. We encourage applications from students from all disciplinary backgrounds.

Admitted candidates in good standing are offered four years of funding in the form of research, teaching, and service assistantships, including tuition waivers and stipends.

The School's flexible program ensures that each student receives the intellectual guidance and experiences necessary to prepare them for vibrant research careers in a wide range of academic, business, and government settings.

We study how:
·       Information literacy enables participation in the knowledge society,
·       Data science opens new windows to knowledge,
·       History informs our identity and guides our information future,
·       Systems serve people,
·       Information is a vital human resource,
·       Libraries shape what we know and who we are.
For more on our vision: http://ischool.illinois.edu/research/vision

For additional information about:
·         The PhD program: http://ischool.illinois.edu/academics/degrees/phd or by contacting ischool-apply at illinois.edu
·         The iSchool faculty: http://ischool.illinois.edu/people/faculty

Students from historically underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline for PhD applications is December 15.

Information Session: On Monday, November 14, from 8:30-9:30 a.m. CST, we will host an online information session about our PhD degree in library and information science. During the session, iSchool faculty and staff will answer questions and provide information about our School and programs. Login instructions are below.

ONLINE: http://go.ischool.illinois.edu/meet
Login Instructions: http://groups.lis.illinois.edu/itdweb/bbcollaborate/bbcmeetingrooms.php

If you are away from your computer or without a microphone, you may dial in to the session as follows:
Meeting Room Number: +1-571-392-7703, PIN: 746 676 595 353.

If you have questions or problems with regard to participation, please contact our Help Desk:
help at support.ischool.illinois.edu, +1-217-244-4903 or +1-800-377-1892.

For additional information about the online information session: http://ischool.illinois.edu/events/2016/11/14/phd-online-information-session

Regards, Jana

Jana Diesner, PhD
Assistant Professor
Dori J. Maynard Senior Fellow
School of Information Sciences/ The iSchool at Illinois
Phone: 412 519 7576
Web: http://people.ischool.illinois.edu/~jdiesner/