[Air-L] WEBCAST TODAY: Internet Society Briefing Panel at IETF 97 – The I in IoT: Implications for a Global Open Internet @ISOCTech

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Mon Nov 14 18:58:13 PST 2016

​​Since Seoul is 14 hours ahead of NYC this is just about to kick off!

joly posted: "Today Tuesday 15 November 2016 the Internet Society(ISOC)
will present a briefing panel at the Internet Engineering Task Force
meeting in Seoul, Korea (IETF 97). The briefing's theme is The I in IoT:
Implications for a Global Open Internet. We will explor"

[image: Internet Society] <http://isoc.org>Today *Tuesday 15 November 2016*
the *Internet Society <http://isoc.org>*(ISOC) will present a briefing
panel at the *Internet Engineering Task Force meeting
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/agenda/>* in Seoul, Korea (IETF 97).
The briefing's theme is *The I in IoT: Implications for a Global Open
Internet
<https://www.internetsociety.org/internet-society-briefing-panel-ietf-97>. *We
will explore how the internet shapes the design of smart objects, and how
they in turn will shape the architecture of the internet. Are there general
guidelines with respect to security and overall behavior for these new
devices? What should designers of smart object architectures take into
account because of the interaction between devices and the internet?
Panelists: *Carsten Bormann*, Universität Bremen; *Erica Johnson*,
University of New Hampshire InterOperability Laboratory; *Michael Koster*,
Samsung/SmartThings; H*annes Tschofenig*, ARM Limited; *Juan Carlos Zúñiga*,
SIGFOX. Moderator: *Olaf Kolkman*, Internet Society. The briefing will be
webcast live on the *ISOC Tech Matters YouTube Channel
<https://youtu.be/wiZwxU-p9T4>*.

*What: ISOC at IETF97 The I in IoT: Implications for a Global Open Internet
<https://www.internetsociety.org/internet-society-briefing-panel-ietf-97>
Where: Seoul, Korea When: Tuesday 15 November 2016 12pm-1:30pm KST |
03:00-04:30 UTC Webcast: https://youtu.be/wiZwxU-p9T4
<https://youtu.be/wiZwxU-p9T4> Twitter: #ISOC + IoT http://bit.ly/2ezWMmZ
<http://bit.ly/2ezWMmZ>*

Comment <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/8797#respond>    See all comments