[Air-L] job opportunity at the Web Foundation

Dhanaraj Thakur dhanaraj.thakur at webfoundation.org
Tue Nov 15 11:09:50 PST 2016

Hi all,

Please see below and share with interested colleagues.

take care,
Dhanaraj

*Policy Fellow*

We’re recruiting a Policy Fellow to work directly with our founding
director, Sir Tim Berners-Lee. Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, the
Fellow will support Sir Tim in existing policy issues where the
Foundation is active and will also help to research possible future
trends globally in the web and internet policy space. She or he will
assist with strategy and forecasting on emerging issues, conduct desk
research and lead on producing related policy materials aimed at key
decision-makers. The Fellow will also collaborate closely with our
policy and communications teams to translate findings into action, and
ensure that Sir Tim’s and the Foundation’s voice influences key debates
and decisions globally.

This is a unique role for a talented and motivated person who is able to
apply academic acumen to real world policy challenges facing the
internet. Please note that candidates should be in possession of a
doctorate, or close to completing one (ABD stage), or alternatively
possess a relevant Masters’ degree and further research and policy
analysis experience equivalent to a doctorate.

Interested candidates should read the full job description
<http://webfoundation.org/docs/2016/11/Web_Foundation_Policy_Fellow_JobPosting.pdf>
and apply by sending a cover letter and CV to jobs at webfoundation.org
<mailto:%20jobs at webfoundation.org> with “Policy Fellow” in the subject line.

*Deadline:* 30 November 2016