[Air-L] PhD fellowships in Language and social media (FWO-Ghent University)

cbouko catherine.bouko at ugent.be
Mon Nov 28 02:30:41 PST 2016

Dear colleagues,

The Research Foundation of Flanders in Belgium (FWO) has recently announced
funding for 2-year doctoral positions (renewable once)  in research centres
belonging to Flemish universities.

As Assistant Professor (tenure track) in Multilingual and Digital
communication in the MULTIPLES Research group at Ghent University
(Belgium), I am pleased to invite applications for PhD fellowships, which
will be submitted through the annual FWO PhD Fellowship Program. I welcome
research proposals which relate to my research group’s strengths in the
area of language, communication and social media. The PhD will be written
in English.

*Procedure and calendar*

-          December 15 2016 : Please send me a letter of motivation, a
one-page research project (theoretical and methodological frameworks +
major bibliography), your CV (with grades obtained) and the names of two
scientific referees

-          December 20 2016 : contacts with the candidates

-          January 2017 : preparation of the application with the selected
candidates

-          February 1 2017 : deadline at the FWO

-          June 2017 : announcement of the results by the FWO

-          October 1 2017 :  start of fellowship, if application accepted
by the FWO

Please visit the FWO’s website for full details about the profile, the
conditions and the procedure:  http://www.fwo.be/en/fellowshi
ps-funding/phd-fellowships/phd-fellowship/

Best wishes,

--
Catherine Bouko

Ghent University