[Air-L] Qualitative Content Analysis sampling methodology advice needed?

Elizabeth Van Couvering elizabeth.van-couvering at kau.se
Tue Nov 15 08:48:49 PST 2016

Alicia, I think this is complicated very much by the uneven distribution of traffic across the web. Do you want a sample of what patients are LIKELY to see? Then you need to develop a traffic model of parental engagement- generally speaking, though, people go via search, and recommendation from a trusted source which includes friends on social media as well as official sources, I would guess. Which sources these are may well be mediated by locale, and perhaps by the viewers' position in a community. I don't think necessarily there is any point evaluating advice that no one will ever find.

Our colleagues in health info have run hundreds of such reviews. I do not recommend emulating some of them and just picking the top x search results. Search results have their own challenges and should be used with care! But others may have developed more sensitive sampling frames since I last looked. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone