[Air-L] Four year research grants in Norway

Jill Walker Rettberg Jill.Walker.Rettberg at uib.no
Tue Nov 1 03:32:47 PDT 2016

Dear young scholars (40 or younger with a PhD in hand),

Bergen Research Foundation and the University of Bergen invites applications for four year grants for young scholars. You must have a PhD completed, and you must be 40 years old or younger (this can be extended for documented parental leave or long-term illness). This is a four-year research-only position where the recipients of the grant lead a small project group (typically you would get a couple of PhD students to work on your project and whom you would supervise, plus you would have funding for workshops, travel, research stays abroad, bringing people in etc) and the grant *may* lead to a tenured full-time professorship, although there are conditions attached.

We would love to have a BSF grant in Digital Culture, and I am sure there are excellent young scholars on this list who would be perfect candidates. If you would be interested in living in Norway, a country with free health care, free tuition, great parental leave and heavily subsidised childcare, and have an idea for a research project that might fit in this scheme, please get in touch with me at jill.walker.rettberg at uib.no<mailto:jill.walker.rettberg at uib.no>. It does require you to have (or be able to develop before the deadline) a well-worked out research project plan and to have a CV that shows you are an excellent young scholar with promise. It’s not a completely open call, you need to be nominated by the department as the department would be putting money in, so you would need to get in touch with me (or another professor at UiB), then we can talk about it, and then I will need to talk my head of department into supporting the application.

Here is last year’s call:
http://bfstiftelse.no/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/BFS-Call2016.pdf

This year’s call will be formally announced in December. The deadline will be in March.

Do get in touch if you are interested - it’d be useful if you would send me a paragraph explaining your research interest/idea for a project, along with a CV or link to an online CV.

Jill

Jill Walker Rettberg
Professor of Digital Culture
Dept of Linguistic, Literary and Aesthetic Studies
University of Bergen
Postboks 7800
5020 Bergen

+ 47 55588431

Blog - http://jilltxt.net
Twitter - http://twitter.com/jilltxt
My book "Seeing Ourselves Through Technology: How We Use Selfies, Blogs and Wearable Devices to See and Shape Ourselves" is out on Palgrave as an open access publication - buy it in print or download it for free!
http://jilltxt.net/books