[Air-L] INC crowdfunding campaign

Geert Lovink geert at desk.nl
Thu Nov 24 06:23:18 PST 2016

Dear all,

our Institute of Network Cultures (here in Amsterdam) is starting its first-ever crowdfunding campaign to make the second MoneyLab Reader a printed reality. This time we need your help as an important and core member of our network, and would like to ask your help getting the campaign off to a good start. Let me give you a bit of context:

As discussions about universal basic income, blockchain, platform cooperativism, cryptocurrencies, peer2peer distribution and financial surveillance are seeping into mainstream media, it’s important to continue to analyse and evaluate their social and political origins.

Amid recent international developments – such as the global race among the world’s leading banks to turn blockchain into the infrastructure of the 21st century, the ongoing instability and precariaty of the artist/entrepreneur, the rise of post-globalized sovereign populism, perpetual austerity cuts to state and government sectors, the slow-motion implosion of the EU and fast-tracked rightward shift of many of its countries – we feel that it’s time to produce a second MoneyLab reader.

This time we’re asking for your help!

The whole process of researching, writing, editing, designing, producing and printing a publication like this requires €20.000. About one-fourth of that is spent on printing 2000 copies of the reader, an amount we are currently unable to raise through our usual funds. Even the INC cannot escape budget cuts: we need your donations to make it happen!

Many AOIR members are part of the network around the INC and early contributions have been shown to be very important in the success of a campaign like this. That’s why I would like to ask you to consider donating whatever you can in the coming days. Of course, sharing the campaign with you network is highly appreciated as well!

Please visit http://networkcultures.org/moneylab/moneylab-reader-2-funding-campaign/ <http://networkcultures.org/moneylab/?page_id=3397&preview=true> to read more about the campaign and donate whatever you can!

If you want to support us otherwise, that’s also possible, for instance if you want to include us in your funding network and next reseach application. Let’s discuss what we can do together, specially in these troubling times.

Thank you and let me know if you have any questions.

Geert Lovink and the entire INC team

www.networkcultures.org