[Air-L] Suggestions for readings on web decentralization?

panayotis antoniadis panayotis at nethood.org
Wed Nov 2 10:22:18 PDT 2016

Hi Emma,

You might be interested in this special issue of the Journal of Peer
Production on "Alternative Internets":
http://peerproduction.net/issues/issue-9-alternative-internets/ (and
various references therein)

As noted by a reviewer, "The Internet is also decentralized." :-) (and
the web also, but it is mostly our responsibility to promote distributed
self-hosted applications despite their less attractive user interfaces
and performance)

And this is a nice book, under development, on the history of community
(wireless) networks: http://www.thenextlayer.org/NetworkCommons

Best,

Panayotis Antoniadis
http://nethood.org/panayotis/