[Air-L] Sentiment analysis tool for Facebook comments

Andrea.Schlueschen at hsba.de Andrea.Schlueschen at hsba.de
Wed Nov 2 13:06:46 PDT 2016

Hi all,

can anyone recommend a (free/relatively cheap) tool for short text
sentiment analysis? I have about 300,000 Facebook comments from various
posts and need to find out their valance. Tools like LIWC are
unfortunatelly not working since they are created for longer texts.

Also, for my PhD project on celebrity endorsement I am currently looking
for more people to participate in my survey: www.soscisurvey.de/PostRating
So if you have 10 minutes, I would be really grateful if you could click
on the link and evaluate four Facebook posts. It helps if you are a bit
familiar with U.S. celebrities.
(Sorry if this is not the right channel for this kind of request, but I
saw a survey on here before, so I hope it is alright!)

Thanks a lot and kind regards,
Andrea

HSBA HAMBURG SCHOOL OF
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Andrea Schlüschen
Research Center

E: Andrea.Schlueschen at hsba.de
T: +49 40 36138-8733
W: www.hsba.de
O: Alter Wall 38, 20457 Hamburg
www.facebook.com/hsba.hamburg

HSBA Hamburg School of Business Administration gGmbH, Adolphsplatz 1 |
20457 Hamburg | Germany, Amtsgericht Hamburg 284, HRB 91367
Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Dr. Uve Samuels, Holger Höhr, Ulrich
Brehmer; Kuratoriumsvorsitzender/Chairman of the Board of Trustees: Fritz
Horst Melsheimer

This e-mail message may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this
e-mail-message in error please notify the sender immediately and destroy
this message. Thank you.