[Air-L] Tuition-free, English-language MA in Digital Culture in Norway - deadline 1 Dec

Jill Walker Rettberg Jill.Walker.Rettberg at uib.no
Wed Nov 9 00:18:32 PST 2016

The University of Bergen’s MA program in Digital Culture is accepting applications from international students until December 1. This is a tuition-free, two year Master's degree taught in English in Norway, with one year of course work and one year for writing a research-based MA thesis.

You need a BA degree with at least a full year (60 ECTS if in Norway) of courses that can be seen as equivalent to digital culture, and courses equivalent to a half year that are relevant to the planned topic for your MA thesis. For European students, you can send in final grades after application, but for applicants outside Europe you do have to have completed your BA before Dec 1 to be considered. Sorry about that.

To get a residency permit, students from outside the EU/EEA/EFTA need to have about USD 12,500 in a bank account to show they can cover living expenses. There are no tuition fees.

Here is information about applying to do an MA in Norway as an international student, and about residency permits, health insurance and so on.
http://www.uib.no/en/education/48934/international-masters-degree-applicants-residing-abroad

Here is information about the MA program and admission:
http://www.uib.no/en/studyprogramme/MAHF-DIKUL

And here is general information about studying in Norway:
http://www.studyinnorway.no

Please feel free to email me if you have questions about the program itself. If you have practical questions about how to apply to do a degree as an international student, you can email master at uib.no.

We also expect to advertise a PhD fellowship within the next few months, and I’ll post info about that to the list when we have it.

Jill

Jill Walker Rettberg
Professor of Digital Culture
Dept of Linguistic, Literary and Aesthetic Studies
University of Bergen
Postboks 7800
5020 Bergen

+ 47 55588431

Blog - http://jilltxt.net
Twitter - http://twitter.com/jilltxt
My book "Seeing Ourselves Through Technology: How We Use Selfies, Blogs and Wearable Devices to See and Shape Ourselves" is out on Palgrave as an open access publication - buy it in print or download it for free!
http://jilltxt.net/books