[Air-L] Virtual community building and maintenance in the social media age

SAMUEL KININMONTH 101083057 at student.swin.edu.au
Wed Oct 12 19:51:51 PDT 2016

Hey David,

Starting a subreddit on reddit could be an easy way to get your students started quickly? reddit is pretty reminiscent of old BBSs.

Further to that, I found Massanari (2015) to be a really helpful resource, not only for reddit but much social media.

Massanari, A.L., 2015. Participatory Culture, Community, and Play. Learning from Reddit. Peter Lang GmbH.

Cheers,

Samuel Kininmonth

Arts Honours Candidate

Swinburne University of Technology, Australia