[Air-L] Reminder: CFP - Writing in a Digital Age due 10/17

Les Hutchinson hutch220 at msu.edu
Thu Oct 13 14:34:45 PDT 2016

Hi all,

A reminder that our web text collection on topics surrounding surveillance,
privacy, and writing infrastructures is accepting proposals until 10/17. We
are very interested in inter/cross-disciplinary book chapters that focus on
identity, communities, and cultures.

If interested, please go to this link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0NLr285sb3uSzFmWkp5blBoMVE

A sample of what we're interested in include:

  *   how community members respond to local to national events where acts
of sur- and sous-veillance occur to protect the interests of those in
authority and those of the citizenry, e.g., Ferguson, Flint, and online.
  *   ways surveillance impact culture(s) and influence daily habits and/or
lives as it connects to digital rhetoric and writing, e.g., algorithmic
discrimination, fitness trackers, Internet of Things objects, social media
habits, intellectual property.
  *   how digital rhetoric and writing scholars/educators or communicators
inform public and private industries to make reforms to surveillance
practices.
  *   how writing educators, WPAs, and administrators address ways
surveillance and privacy impact student & faculty composing acts and
student identity formation.

<mailto:digitalwriting at protonmail.com>Again, the deadline for 500-word
proposals of webtexts is October 17, 2016. We will notify authors on
December 19, 2016 and drafts for chapters are due April 17, 2017.

Please send any queries or submissions to: digitalwritingatprotonmaildotcom
/ digitalwriting at protonmail.com

Sincerely,

Estee Beck, PhD
Assistant Professor of Professional & Technical Writing/Digital Humanities
Department of English
The University of Texas at Arlington
estee.beck at uta.edu

Les Hutchinson
Doctoral Student
Department of Writing, Rhetoric, and American Cultures
Michigan State University
434 Farm Lane Rm 237
East Lansing, MI 48824
Twitter: @techairos