[Air-L] advice on course readings

Adriana de Souza e Silva aasilva at ncsu.edu
Wed Oct 19 05:45:00 PDT 2016

All,

I’m teaching a graduate seminar for MS and PhD students called “internet and society” next spring.

I’m looking for good readings (book chapters and/or journal articles) on two subjects:
- history of asynchronous communication platforms (USENET, BBS, blogs, wikis, etc.)
- history of synchronous communication platforms (MUDs, chat environments, etc.)

I find a lot of stuff on specific uses of blogs, twitter etc, but very little on their historical antecedents. Any suggestions would be welcome!

Best,
Adriana
Adriana de Souza e Silva, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Communication
Director of the Communication Rhetoric and Digital Media (CRDM) Ph.D. Program
NC State University
http://www.souzaesilva.com