[Air-L] New issue of Global Media and China is out!

Xiao Han kilou.xiao.han at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 19:28:29 PDT 2016

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce that the new issue of our open-access journal Global Media and China - co-produced by the SAGE and Communication University of China (CUC) - is out, which is a collection of five original articles covering different topics, and two translated papers (from Chinese). Please see the detailed Table of Contents at the bottom of this email.

If you are interested in our journal and would like to contribute, you can submit your manuscripts at https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/gmac <https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/gmac>.  For more information about Global Media and China, please go to
gch.sagepub.com <http://gch.sagepub.com/>, you can also find detailed submission guidelines there.

You can freely read this new issue at: http://gch.sagepub.com/content/1/3.toc <http://gch.sagepub.com/content/1/3.toc>

Original Articles

Markos Kounalakis
      China’s position on international intervention: A media and journalism critical discourse analysis of its case for “Sovereignty” versus
      “Responsibility to Protect” principles in Syria

Stefano Calzati
      Chinese domestic tourism, the blogosphere, and travel writing: Assessing the literary and political status of Chinese travelogues in print and
      online

Colin Sparks, Haiyan Wang, Yu Huang, Yanhua Zhao, Nan Lv, and Dan Wang
      The impact of digital media on newspapers: Comparing responses in China and the United States

Qian Wang
      A comparative case study: Network agenda setting in crisis and non-crisis news

Deqiang Ji, Zhengrong Hu, and Yousaf Muhammad
      Neighbouring competitor? Indian image in Chinese media

In Focus (translation)

Guoming Yu
      Panorama of media contact behaviours of present-day urban dwellers: Descriptions and analysis based on diary reports

Peng Duan
      Essay on the external communication strategies of the China Dream: Analysis and study of reports on the China Dream in The Washington Post
      and on CNN

All the best,
Xiao Han

Xiao Han (PhD)
Research Assistant, Communication University of China, CUC
Commissioning Editor, Global Media and China (SAGE), gch.sagepub.com <http://gch.sagepub.com/>