[Air-L] AoIR 2016 - Human-Machine Communication researchers meet-up?

Andrea Guzman alguzman at niu.edu
Sat Oct 1 03:46:59 PDT 2016

Hello all,

I am coordinating a human-machine communication researchers meet-up at AoIR. This will be an informal chat over coffee, beer, or even a meal.

Human-Machine Communication generally encompasses human-computer interaction, human-robot interaction, and human-agent interaction. Here is an example of a recent ICA post-conference on HMC: https://convention2.allacademic.com/one/ica/ica16/index.php?selected_session_id=1102019&cmd=Online+Program+View+Session&PHPSESSID=t9165vbaukun9iptmk2jk647v2

If you want to be part of the meet-up, e-mail me OFF LIST by Monday so that I can have a general idea of who is interested, and we'll go from there.

If you will not be at AoIR or will not be able to make the meet-up, I also curate an e-mail list of HMC scholars. Feel free to e-mail me if you want to be added to that.

Safe travels!

_____

Andrea L. Guzman, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor