[Air-L] Sign up for a Learning/Education/Games Group and Newsletter

Karen Schrier Shaenfield kschrier at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 15:37:41 PDT 2016

Hi all,

Interested in learning more about education, learning, and games? Want to
connect with likeminded game designers, educators, policymakers,
entrepreneurs, academics, and more?

Join the LEG Group - the IGDA (International Game Developer Association's
Learning, Education & Games group). We hold free monthly meetings and also
work on collaborative projects, such as a two-book series published by ETC
Press
<http://press.etc.cmu.edu/content/learning-and-education-games-volume-two-bringing-games-educational-contexts>
.

Join our email list. <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/igdaleg>
Join our Facebook group page.
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/learningeducationgames>
Follow us on Twitter <https://twitter.com/LearningEdGames>
Learn about our goals and initiatives.
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/16nqm90f1eAw4MZ9aS0ohaBgItb-saEWavbjXWO4Qs3A/edit>

Our next monthly meeting is Tuesday, October 18th at 4 pm ET on Slack
<https://igda-leg.slack.com/>.
(#monthlymeetings channel)
If you need an invite, you can invite yourself at this link
<https://igda-leg.herokuapp.com/>.

While you wait for the next meeting, you can sign up for my new (free)
monthly newsletter <http://eepurl.com/ciCppT> on learning games, citizen
science, games for change, and more.

Take care,
Karen

--

Don't forget to check out the latest books:

Learning, Education & Games Volume 1
<http://press.etc.cmu.edu/content/learning-education-and-games-volume-one-curricular-and-design-considerations>
(free
to download)
Learning, Education & Games Volume 2
<http://press.etc.cmu.edu/content/learning-and-education-games-volume-two-bringing-games-educational-contexts>
(free
to download)
Knowledge Games <https://jhupbooks.press.jhu.edu/content/knowledge-games>,
a book about the future of gaming, problem solving, crowdsourcing, and
learning (use discount code HNAF for 30% off)