[Air-L] PhD Opportunities at the University of Melbourne

Scott Wright scott.wright at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Oct 5 15:11:40 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,

The Media and Communications (M&C) program at The University of Melbourne is now calling for expressions of interest from prospective Australian postgraduate research students as part of the University’s annual Scholarship Round.

The M&C program is a leading Australian university research environment, offering a vibrant space for research students exploring numerous areas of enquiry in media, communications, and related areas. We are actively connected with the Asian region, and engaged with numerous public institutions and industry organisations. The university is one of the top-ranked institutions in the world, and the top-ranked institution in Australia (THE 2016).

We are seeking enthusiastic applicants with excellent academic track records (equal to an Australian Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours) for competitive PhD scholarships to undertake study in our program. In particular we are keen to support applicants that align with our key areas of research:

- Children, youth and digital media
- Humanitarian communication and crisis reporting
- Journalism studies and digital journalism
- Marketing communication
- Media and mobility
- Political communication
- Public cultures
- Publishing studies
- Media theory and digital culture
- Urban communication

Closing date for applications is October 31st; though we encourage potential applicants to make contact with relevant supervisors in the M&C or publishing and communications programs: http://arts.unimelb.edu.au/culture-communication/welcome/staff

Further information on our program can be found here: http://arts.unimelb.edu.au/culture-communication/study/media-and-communications

Information about application process can be found here: http://graduate.arts.unimelb.edu.au/degrees/25-doctor-of-philosophy-arts/apply-now

Apologies for cross-posting!

Cheers, Scott

www.scott-wright.net

Dr Scott Wright
Senior Lecturer in Political Communication
University of Melbourne
Melbourne
VIC, 3000
Australia