[Air-L] Professionalization Website

Jonathan Sterne, Dr. jonathan.sterne at mcgill.ca
Mon Sep 12 05:27:12 PDT 2016

Dear Colleagues,

Apologies for crossposting.

Since 1999, I have maintained a collection of web pages that provides links to useful resources for people on the academic job market in communication studies, though others in critical humanities fields may find the materials useful as well.  In recent years, I have added material on other aspects of professional life and will continue to do so.  You can find it at:

http://sterneworks.org/Academe

New this year: links on getting a PhD in the age of social media, the SSRC’s awesome grant writing guide, how to manage grad school if you’re poor, new teaching resources, and more!

I am always looking for good suggestions for material to add to the site, and as you'll see, I have used it to archive some material that has been circulated in other fora.  If you have a suggestion for a link or a document worth archiving, or a correction to a typo or missing or expired link, please email me at jonathan.sterne at mcgill.ca<mailto:jonathan.sterne at mcgill.ca>.

Please note that I do not post or keep track of job ads, nor am I interested in promoting commercial services or people's professional website.  This is purely for material that’s free and that I judge to be truly helpful for my intended audience.  I intend to continue building the site, so suggestions for other areas to cover would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Sincerely,
--Jonathan

--

Jonathan Sterne
Professor and James McGill Chair in Culture and Technology

http://sterneworks.org |  http://mcgill.ca/ahcs | http://cirmmt.org

MP3: The Meaning of a Format<http://www.dukeupress.edu/Catalog/ViewProduct.php?productid=47544>