[Air-L] Post-doctoral research CDSDS Tucson Arizona

Catherine Brooks cbrooks4 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 12 15:18:40 PDT 2016

We have new post-doctoral opportunities available in Tucson, Arizona, USA, with the Center for Digital Society and Data Studies (the new research center housed in Arizona's iSchool). Our start and end dates/timing can be negotiated, and we'd love to hear from you!

| http://uacareers.com/postings/13452

The University of Arizona’s (UA) Center for Digital Society and Data Studies, in coordination with faculty from UA’s School of Information and School of Government and Public Policy (SGPP), welcomes applications for three (3) postdoctoral fellows beginning in Late October or Early November, 2016 and ending August, 2017 (these are 10-month positions). The fellows will work with Professors Catherine Brooks, Samara Klar, and Yotam Shmargad on a series of projects related to government surveillance, technology use in developing countries, and the role of Big Data in political elections. Working with faculty mentors, fellows will write scholarly research papers, produce opinion pieces for popular media outlets, and communicate with stakeholders such as government officials and think tanks. Fellows will also support proposal development for external grant opportunities that are aligned with these research areas. Fellows should have strong methodological backgrounds and writing skills. We invite applicants from across the methodological spectrum, though priority will be given to those with expertise in statistical modeling, experiments in the lab or field, surveys, or ethnographic interviews. The goals of this project are to generate research findings that will inform policy, create new avenues for advocacy, and inform the broader public.
​
Please share and forward, we would very much appreciate that!

 Catherine F. Brooks, PhD, Director, Center for Digital Society and Data Studies (CDSDS)  http://cdsds.arizona.edu/Associate Director, Arizona's iSchool, School of Information at UAhttp://si.arizona.edu/