[Air-L] Tool for collecting Instagram images/websites/data?

Maurice Vergeer m.vergeer at maw.ru.nl
Sun Sep 18 02:24:15 PDT 2016

maybe the R package instaR:
https://github.com/pablobarbera/instaR/blob/master/examples.R
For longterm applications you could learn web scraping with R package rvest
(there ar more options for web scraping)
The quick-and-dirty method is search a tag on Instagram with a browser,
scroll down multiple times to load as much pictures as you need, then save
the resulting Instagram page in a new specific folder, which then contains
all pictures with that  specific tag.

hope that helps

On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 5:27 PM, Rainer Hillrichs <hillrichs at uni-mannheim.de