[Air-L] Twitter Scraper

Stuart Shulman stuart.shulman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 04:57:19 PDT 2016

Karine is right, but you can get every Tweet if you are able to generate
funding to employ a service like Gnip:

http://support.gnip.com/apis/powertrack2.0/

The new Gnip PowerTrack has many cool expanded capabilities, including
longer rules, emoji search and cashtags. With a student account on
DiscoverText ($24/month), the Twitter data price is $3/10,000 Tweets day
forward and it includes access to the PowerTrack 2.0. You can do a lot of
great exploratory research for free using the 30-day trial. The same volume
pricing is available for historical data via Sifter, plus a fee of $20/day
searched.

In terms of viral Tweets, the automated duplicate detection and near
duplicate clustering presents a road map of RTs and MTs, as well as a
unique sampling method when coding data or training classifiers.

DiscoverText & Sifter Explained:

https://vimeo.com/124029796

https://vimeo.com/126214352

~Stu

Stu Shulman <https://twitter.com/StuartWShulman>
Amherst Regional High School, CoachMA Olympic Development Program,
Assistant Coach