[Air-L] Help JSTOR shape its development plans at AoIR 2016

Hector Nazario Hector.Nazario at ithaka.org
Tue Sep 27 09:16:35 PDT 2016

Hello, everyone,

My name is Hector Nazario, and I am a Licensing Editor at JSTOR (http://www.jstor.org), a not-for-profit organization committed to preserving scholarly literature.

JSTOR is exploring the possibility of developing a multi-content resource featuring journals, books and primary sources that examine the cultural impact of the Internet and technology in general, covering everything from computer applications in the arts to new media journalism, and beyond. The resource aims to bring together relevant scholarship from across the disciplines, including business, sociology, political science, communications, education, computer science, and more.

In an effort to get early feedback, I am attending the AoIR meeting next week in Berlin, and would love to hear from anyone planning to attend-researchers, graduate students and librarians-about how we can make this a resource compelling. I only have a few short questions, and it should take roughly 5-10 minutes of your time.

Please let me if you are interested in providing feedback in person (or over email if you're not attending/too busy to meet). I'm happy to share more details, as well as the actual questions.

Thank you all for reading and for any help!

Best regards,

Hector
---
Hector Nazario
Licensing Editor
JSTOR
2 Rector Street, 18th Floor
New York, NY 10006
Tel: 212-358-6462
www.ithaka.org

ITHAKA (www.ithaka.org) is a not-for-profit organization that helps the academic community use digital technologies to preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.  We provide innovative services that benefit higher education, including Ithaka S+R, JSTOR, and Portico.