[Air-L] Tool for collecting Instagram images/websites/data?

Anatoliy agruzd at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 11:23:00 PDT 2016

Hi Rainer,

As others already noted, it may be hard to find a single tool to achieve this.
In addition to some previous suggestions, here is another solution to collect/download Instagram images related to a particular hashtag/location:

1) Use Netlytic (https://netlytic.org) to collect Instagram posts/comments (and their associated metadata, including image urls); there is a video tutorial on how to use it at https://netlytic.org/home/?page_id=11280

2) Export the dataset collected with Netlytic to your computer (as a CSV file) and open it in Excel;

3) Copy and paste the "medialink" column into a new text file (let's call it "imgurls.txt");

Note: since Netlytic collects all comments related to your search query (hashtag or location), you can use Excel's Data->"Removes Duplicates" feature to remove duplicate image URLs (there may be multiple comments posted in response to a single image/post);

4) Open this text file "imgurls.txt" in Firefox (Ctrl+O), and then use the DownThemAll plugin in Firefox (right click on the page ->context menu) to download all of the links/images into a single folder on your computer  (you need to install the DownThemAll plugin first from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/downthemall/developers ).

Hope it helps,
Anatoliy