[Air-L] Searching for a workshop conductor on "ethnographic portrait writing"

Daniel Kunzelmann kunzelmann.daniel at yahoo.de
Thu Sep 1 06:14:12 PDT 2016

Dear all,

Apologies for the cross-posting. Please don't answer to the list, but
send me a private message to not spam this wonderful information network!

Here is what I'm looking for (feel free to forward this information):

The "Institut für Volkskunde/Europäische Ethnologie" at the LMU Munich
is looking for a *conductor of a workshop on "ethnographic portrait
writing"*. Our international PhD programme
<www.en.transformationsprozesse.volkskunde.uni-muenchen.de> will have
its Autumn school in Munich (Germany) from 5.-8. October 2016. Our PhD
students (all have a background in cultural and/or social anthropology)
want to learn *how to write a "good" portrait within an ethnographic
text* *(dissertation, paper, etc.) **using the various types of
infomation they have gathered/created during fieldwork (notes,
interviews, etc)*.

The workshop should address*two sets of skills*: *
*

*1. Creative "good" writing* *techniques* (describe a person vividly, etc.).

*2.* Answering the question(s) of *"what might a portrait of a person
stand for analytically in an ethnographic text"* resp. *"how can we
connect a portrait with an analytical and/or theoretical layer"*
(concepts, theory, etc.).

The workshop itself will have to be *held Friday, 7th October
(9am-12m)*. It would be great to have a *native speaker* or someone with
an*excellent level of English*, since this will be the workshop language.

The time for the workshop itself will be rather short. This is why we
invite*workshop concepts that ask the students to prepare some material
**beforehand* (e.g. parts of their conducted interview, field notes,
etc.)*and then work with it during**the workshop*.

We will be able to *cover the travel/accommodation costs as well as a
honorarium* *(within Europe)*. Maybe it might also be possible to cover
the stay for the whole conference (if interested), but this depends on
honorarium negotiations.

If you are interested or can recommend someone please get in touch with:

Daniel Kunzelmann
Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
Institute of Cultural Anthropology/European Ethnology

email: *daniel.kunzelmann at gmx.de*
phone: +49 (0)177/89 79 281

Deadline will be _*9 September*_!