[Air-L] Ethical Social Media MOOC is now live

Jonathon Hutchinson jonathon.hutchinson at sydney.edu.au
Thu Sep 15 21:59:43 PDT 2016

Dear Colleagues (with apologies for cross posting),

We have launched our Ethical Social Media MOOC.

https://www.coursera.org/learn/ethical-social-media

This is a collaborative offering designed by The University of Sydney and Coursera.

In designing the content, I have drawn on the expansive expertise of many colleagues to make this a robust offering, including:

Professor Axel Bruns, Professor Gerard Goggin, Dr Fiona Martin, Dr Tama Leaver, Dr Kath Albury, and Dr Mitchell Hobbs.

And the professional expertise of Ms Jennifer Lam (Bamboo Garden), Venessa Paech (Green Hat), Ms Clair Joachim (Sydney Opera House), Rod McGuinness (ABC), David Shoebridge (Aus Greens Party),  Joe Cothrel (Lithium), and Ms Margaret Fraedo (USyd).

Some of you might be interested in participating, or may know students who are interested in designing and operating ethical social media campaigns. Please share widely with those potentially interested.

Media Release attached.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did creating it.

Warm regards

Jonathon.

DR JONATHON HUTCHINSON | Lecturer in Online and Social Media
Department of Media and Communications | Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Room N233, John Woolley Building A20 | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
T +61 2 9351 2821  | F +61 2 9351 2434
E jonathon.hutchinson at sydney.edu.au<mailto:grant.bollmer at sydney.edu.au>  | W jonathonhutchinson.com<http://sydney.edu.au/arts/digital_cultures/>