[Air-L] AoIR 2016 Conference Code of Conduct

sava saheli singh savasaheli at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 13:17:46 PDT 2016

hello,

I am looking forward to attending AoIR 2016, but I was dismayed to hear
that there is no code of conduct in place for the conference. I reached out
to the conference organizers asking about this, and they said they were not
familiar with a code of conduct but suggested I bring it up for discussion
during the General Meeting at the conference.

I appreciate that I was invited to bring the idea to the Executive
Committee during AoIR16, but I think the right time to have a code of
conduct in place is *before* the conference so that there is something in
place to address anything untoward that might occur, and be clear to
attendees that they have recourse to help and safety should they need it.

I encourage members to consider establishing a code of conduct for our
conference before the conference. I had shared this resource with the
conference organizers, and I share it here as well:
http://incisive.nu/2014/codes-of-conduct/. it is a good starting point, and
includes links to other useful resources.

I am happy to contribute in anyway, and I hope those involved in the
conference and the community also take this on.

look forward to seeing many of you in Berlin,
sava

--
sava saheli singh
PhD Candidate | Adjunct Instructor | Program Assistant